Bridebook is the UK’s leading wedding planning app and website, backed by some of the smartest investors out there and headquartered in the heart of Notting Hill. We are seeking an experienced Digital Designer to help shape the future of our product as we continue to take the wedding industry by storm. You will be responsible for leading and growing our design team (currently a team of two) and ensuring our product is designed to make wedding planning as intuitive, fun and rewarding as it should be. Since launching our site in 2016, we now have over 100,000 couples planning their weddings with us, have been featured by the App Store, New York Times and the BBC, and we’re only just getting started!
You should be capable of orchestrating an end-to-end design process (research and ideation through to high-fidelity prototyping), bringing in strong UX, UI and visual design experience. You will be leading our design efforts and working hand-in-hand with our engineering and product teams to build and deliver an outstanding product.
• Lead, manage and grow the design team (currently a team of two)
• Work closely with other members of the overall team to continuously improve and evolve the product and design process
• Work closely with product managers and developers, to help produce a product that satisfies business, technical and UX constraints
• Work towards carrying out effective user testing and using the results to help shape our product decisions
• Collaboratively develop a product with continuous iterations, based on effective research and data analysis
• Create sketches, prototypes, wireframes, user flows and UI interactions for app as well as mobile and desktop web
• Communicate and advocate for product design within the wider team
• You ideally have 2-4 years’ experience designing digital products (app/web) in a commercial environment
• You have experience managing people and processes
• You are ambitious and keen to develop, both as a designer and as a manager
• You have experience designing apps as well as mobile and desktop web; you have a mobile-first mindset
• You have strong UI/UX skills
• You have experience using Sketch, InVision, Principle/Framer or similar
• You have experience working directly with developers on design implementation (basic coding knowledge is a plus here)
• You always take into account the technical implications of your design decisions
• You are ultimately responsible for design decisions, but are always able to talk through and defend those ideas
• You have a portfolio that demonstrates strategic problem solving as well as your experience creating successful, user-centric products
We are continuing to build a very successful business that our team is proud to work for. At Bridebook we believe in our fantastic team and in creating an exciting and unique culture. Having an environment that is empowering and rewarding is our top priority.
• Amazing culture – casual dress code, constant supply of fruits, snacks and sweet treats
• Vibrant, social and collaborative environment – work with a talented team of people who love what they do
• Famous Christmas parties and annual company summits
• Free team lunch every Friday and access to company events
• Pension Scheme
This position is full-time and on-site on the 8th floor of our Notting Hill office where we have some of the best panoramic views of London!
Application close date: 21st October 2018