Carlton Books, part of the Welbeck Publishing Group, a leading independent publisher based in central London is looking to recruit experienced book designers at junior and middleweight levels..
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is a creative, passionate individuals brimming with ideas and committed to joining our talented adult book team. A love of books is essential.
A minimum of 1 years graphic design experience in illustrated books is essential for the junior position and 3 years for the middleweight.
– Work closely with the editorial, production and design teams to ensure that titles are delivered to tight schedules, on budget and are of a high standard
– Full responsibility for your own list of titles for the middleweight position – see your own ideas come to fruition from concept to printed product, guidance given for the junior position
– Designing, commissioning and art-directing freelance designers, illustrators and other contributors
– Developing and overseeing projects from initial designs to final print-ready files
– Exploring new formats and re-packaging of existing content
– Thrives in a fast-paced, commercially-driven environment
– Rises to the challenge of meeting tight schedules and able to manage multiple projects at any given time
– Has strong attention to detail
– Is passionate about design and adult non-fiction books
– Proficient in all Creative Suite 2019 programmes: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and has typographic skills
– Strong communication skills and a creative approach to work
– Positive and confident team player with excellent communication skills
– Highly organized, practical and ambitious to deliver the very best results
– Maintaining high standards of quality and integrity
– Solid experience of production processes along with ability to set up and supply correct files for repro and print
– Maintaining excellent relationships with illustrators, authors and agents
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is the 17th of June 2019.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (stating your current salary) along with a PDF or link to your portfolio to: Clare Baggaley, Creative Director at firstname.lastname@example.org