Into Film is an education charity that seeks to put film at the heart of children and young people’s learning and cultural experience. Our ambitious UK-wide programme provides 5–19 year olds with unparalleled opportunities to see, think, make and imagine, contributing to their educational, cultural, creative and personal development.
We will achieve this by:
· working with the education and informal youth sectors to support and promote learning through and about film
· partnering with industry to enhance the appreciation and understanding of film
· taking advantage of the learning solutions made possible by digital technology
Into Film is supported by the BFI, together with funding from Cinema First, the film industry and a number of other sources.
Into Film is a very creative and dynamic organisation. The Graphic Designer is required to work with the Nations team (a small team based in either Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland), and support the creative needs of the teams to deliver their work to a network of film clubs, special events, promotional campaigns, the website and social channels as well as champion the Into Film visual brand through online and offline designs. The designer needs to be an ideas person, a quick worker and happy working in a busy department. You will also work closely with the Marketing and Communications department to ensure all creative is fit for purpose and on brand.
Specific responsibilities include:
· To lead on the origination, layout and design of most of Into Film nations team print, presentation and online materials including promotional materials, resources, merchandise, PowerPoint and display materials as required
· To ensure visual branding is consistent, creative and delivers on its key objectives for all briefs
· To work closely with the Nation’s Programme Delivery Manager and the Marketing and Communications team to account manage and sign off all work
· To have creative involvement in the design and templates of educational resources (pdfs, presentations, eBooks and other printed materials)
More general responsibilities include to:
· To share relevant updates and communication on briefed work with the Nations team and the Marketing and Communications team at regular meetings to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard
· As this is a freelancer post it will be possible to work remotely, but from time to time, as is reasonable, meetings may be requested in person to discuss planning and work
· At least two year’s experience working as a designer in-house or with a design agency, this person will be confident with use of all key Mac design packages and online design tools
· To work with a variety of design packages from the Adobe CC platform including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
· To work in Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Experience of working with brand guidelines for both online and offline use
· Experience of concept and creative development of a range of customer and marketing based assets
· Experience of working on education and / or film based design materials for both educators and young people is desirable
· A self-motivated, creative and detail oriented person who is superbly organised
· Able to be available, as is reasonable during Into Film office hours (between 8.30–18.00) to liaise with Into Film staff
· To have all design equipment and software required to carry out the work