The Rug Company are looking for a well-organised, enthusiastic junior level creative to be part of our busy design studio. This position is to cover a maternity leave starting immediately until the end of October 2018.
We are an interiors company who work with some of the world’s leading designers in various fields, to create rug collaborations as well as designing our own in-house collections. We use traditional production techniques to keep the craft alive, artisanship is important to us.
We are a small team of five full-time designers. Due to one of our designers going on maternity leave, we are looking to add another member to support our sales team with custom and bespoke designs. We do absolutely everything in-house, therefore the work is very varied so it’s important the candidate is excited about all areas of design that we offer.
The ideal candidate will have a background in graphic design as opposed to pattern/textile design, as basic layout, artworking and typography skills are in daily use. Nevertheless, an appreciation of colour and composition is essential and an interest in interior design is a bonus. Communication is a key part of the job, spending time with the sales people and attending client meetings when necessary will be very important.
Based in our London office and in our showrooms, the job entails assisting the studio and the sales teams with the creation of custom and bespoke designs and the development of new collections.
– Pattern development: customising existing designs and creating bespoke work according to each project.
– Communication: directly with the showrooms and attending client meetings when necessary.
– Collection design: supporting the studio with the development of both in-house and designer collections.
– Digital: gathering imagery for social media from bespoke and custom projects.
– Proficient in Photoshop, and knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator.
How to apply
Please send a CV with relevant experience and a digital portfolio (PDF or webpage) to firstname.lastname@example.org