Opportunity to join a promising start-up incubated at the Royal College of Art’s centre for enterprise, entrepreneurship, incubation and business support, InnovationRCA. ZELP (Zero Emissions Livestock Project) is a company working on significantly reducing the environmental impact of livestock’s methane emissions. We developed a patent-pending nose-ring device to be worn by cattle, that can detect, capture, and oxidise methane in real time. This process reduces methane’s global warming potential by a factor of 85X. We are looking for a design engineer graduate (DE, IDE, GID) to join our team on a part-time basis (20 hours p/week) for one year. The candidate will work closely with an electrical engineer and the CEO towards developing the design further, improving on our existing prototype and taking the product one step closer to commercialisation. The candidate should have:
– Strong product design skills
– + 3 years of experience working in a professional environment as a design engineer
– Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
– Understanding of mechanical engineering principles
– Proficiency in CAD & CAE software
– Knowledge of rapid prototyping and modelling for 3D printing
– The ability to construct prototypes and prepare technical files ahead of production
– A clear understanding of design engineering industry and business standards
– Experience dealing with contractors/suppliers
– Knowledge of fluid mechanics-dynamics a strong plus
– Part-time (20 hours p/week) Monday – Friday.
– RCA (Battersea campus).
– £15-20K based on experience.
– Please apply with CV and cover letter to hc.pleznull@tcatnoc